Featured Post

Monday, April 20, 2015

THE LORD IS CLOSE TO THE HEARTBROKEN

The Lord is close to the heartbroken,
 and those whose spirits are crushed He saves. Psalm 34:19


                  Every once in a while a passage from scripture will hit you right where you live.  It will be exactly what you needed to hear at that specific moment.  The above Psalm came to me like that. It is moments like that that have convinced me of the active presence of God in my life.  Some might say coincidence but I cannot.  It has happened too often to be merely chance. In my work I am exposed to Scripture all the time and I realized that God speaks to me directly if only I would pay attention. So now whenever I hear or read a passage I look for the message meant for me. I recommend that method to anyone who craves to hear God speak to them.  Luckily  you can both hear and read the Scriptures every Sunday.  Make a conscious effort to do so.  Don’t allow yourself to be distracted but work at it.  It will pay dividends you can’t imagine because it is truly God himself speaking to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment