Featured Post

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

THE SUN

June 16, 2015

THE SUN

            As I sit by my computer in the morning, I watch the sun rise through the trees in anticipation of the day, but on some days it does not shine.  On those days I feel slightly less optimistic and my contentment level drops.  Then on the days when the sun does show, the garden I see before me is transformed and as the colors intensify my spirits lift.  It’s the same when the events of my life cast a grey shadow over everything and everything looks dull and often hopeless.  Enter Jesus, the sun in our lives.  When I connect with Him, really connect, not just pray words but connect mentally, emotionally and spiritually, everything changes for the better.
There is no way to describe that to people who can’t or won’t see it.  There is nothing freaky about it.  It’s not weird.  It is real.  I have tried to help others see this but I don’t have the words, maybe there aren’t any.  Maybe words are useless here.
All I know is that when I am fully aware of His presence I am whole.  In Scripture when the boat holding the disciples is rocking and their lives seem on the brink of extinction, Jesus calms the waves.   They are still in the boat, which probably needs bailing, its still a ways to shore and the sky is still dark but Jesus is with them and somehow they know they are safe.  And so it is with us.

With love from Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment